Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Blogging Anniversary to Me

One year ago today, I began this blog after I found myself sitting in front of the television and crying in frustration over the latest political news.  It was a story about another attempt to restrict access to legal abortion that pushed me over the edge. But it was the cumulation of out and out lies, the lack of respect for anyone who wasn't a cookie-cutter copy, the rush to take away hard earned rights like union status and health services, the denial of equal rights for my gay friends--all were issues that birthed the avalanche.   How did my America reach this point?

I've never considered myself to be a writer and I don't think fast enough to hold up my end in a live debate; but I do know how to check the facts and distill them into some sort of order.  This helps me keep a handle on what I know, what I don't know and what I think about both.

Over the past year I have written 299 blog entries covering just about every politically tainted issue that attracted my interest or my ire. I've found that I'm more informed and more comfortable with my convictions.  I've enjoyed sharing articles that I found particularly interesting.  I've found a certain satisfaction in pointing out the absurdities in our political arena and I've delighted in the opportunity to wield the occasional well-deserved sarcastic smack-down. 

When I started this blog, I thought I'd run out of words in a month or two; but here I am, 365 days later and I find that I still have things to say.  
  
Thank you to everyone who has read, commented or e-mailed me.  Don't stop.  We all need to keep the discussion going.

1 comment:

  1. it would seem that in today's political arena just about the only way us 'little guys' can be heard is by keeping a blog.
    And, as far as blogs go, yours is intelligent, fair, and thought provoking.
    Keep it up and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete