Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2 -- Monday Quote

Anyone who really knows me, knows that I am, at my deepest end, an introvert.  I hate crowds, avoid parties where I don't know everyone, and despise talking on the phone.  I often wish I were invisible so that I could enjoy a gathering without having to participate in it. Many of my fellow actors share these same traits (Okay, maybe not the invisibility thing--that's number one on my own personal Super Power Wish List.) 

Another thing about me is that I do not like nor listen to popular music.  I prefer classical, for the most part, especially Gregorian chant and music from the Baroque period with the occasional sortie into the music of the Celts.  

With those two things in mind, it was fate that put this quote by a pop music artist I had never heard of in a newspaper article I was reading recently.   

monday quote:  I learned not to want the quiet of the room with no one around to find me. (Lorde, singer/songwriter, real name Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor, 1996-     )

1 comment: