Friday, April 8, 2016

Mississippi - a REAL Christian Speaks Out

(Mitchell Moore), the Republican owner of Campbell's Bakery in Jackson (Mississippi) told NPR during an interview on Wednesday that Gov. Phil Bryant (R) and GOP lawmakers were actually violating Christian principles with a new law that claims to protect the "sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions" of business owners.

"I'm here to bake cakes and to sell those cakes," Moore explained to NPR host Renee Montagne. "I'm not here to decide arbitrarily who deserves my cake and who doesn't.  That's not what I do.  That's not my job."...

..."I can actually say I think the law of unintended consequences is going to come back to bite the people who signed this bill... If it is my sincerely held religious belief that I shouldn't serve them, then I can do that.  And I can hide behind that language.  But that language is so vague it opens a Pandora's box.  And you can't shut it again."

According to the bakery owner, there (is) no such thing as "a deeply held religious belief that you should not serve people... There is no sincerely held religious belief to think that I am better than other people."...

Moore asserted that lawmakers were wasting time instead of focusing on the real problems facing the people of Mississippi...

..."We rank number one--our state government is the most dependent on federal money.  We are the third most obese state.  We rank at the bottom in employment, in education.  We've got crumbling infrastructure.  None of them are being tackled.  Instead, we are passing, hey-let's-discriminate bills...It boggles the mind."

eye'm thynkin':  But it does keep all those good ol' Southern pseudo-Christians happily gorging on their full plate of red meat!  

Read more at Raw Story

No comments:

Post a Comment