Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pay Your Full Share -- Protect a Millionaire!

This past week I balanced the books for my small, (very small), business, yesterday I drove to Indianapolis for an audition, today I'm tackling our tax forms.

what eye thynk:  Yes, I know they're due on Tuesday.  I always promise myself I'm going to get them done early and then suddenly it's April and...well, there's always next year.

When I'm finished filing, I'm betting that my husband and I will end up paying a higher percentage than Romney's 14.9% and probably even President Obama's 20%.  *sigh*

So I've decided to attempt to get in touch with my "inner-philanthrope".   This should help me to feel good knowing that by paying our full share, we are helping a millionaire out there somewhere--one who, because of our generosity, will be able to keep more of his for himself and so won't have to settle for cloth seats instead of hand-rubbed distressed leather on his new private jet.  I mean, really, how could I expect him to fly to Aruba for dinner on cloth seats?  It would be too demoralizing.

Aw, crap.  It's not working.  Screw philanthropy.  I'm just pissed!  And I hope that millionaire has to eat his jet, right down to the buttons on his distressed leather seats.

1 comment: