Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28 - Monday Quote(s) - Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day.

monday quotes:  Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. (Carl Sandburg, poet, 1878-1967)

War would end if the dead could return. (Stanley Baldwin, English statesman, 1867-1947)


I was lucky; my father came home.  He never spoke about World War II.  I know he drove a tank.  I know that he was in Africa and I know that he was in Japan.  I never heard him say a word about it, but I was proud of him anyway. 

To every man and woman who has ever served in the military and to everyone who lives with the loss of their soldier...thank you.

1 comment:

  1. this day evokes so many emotions. As a non combat vet, I've always felt a sense of guilt for not having stood in harms way with my brethren.
    Yet I always felt an even stronger sense of pride for having served. Odd, huh?

    ReplyDelete