Saturday, August 10, 2013

Stephen Colbert's Take on Becoming Gay

I've been following a message board discussion where responders are attempting to answer the question "Are more people becoming gay?"  The positions voiced are so ridiculous that they should make me laugh; but then I remember that the people who are posting actually believe this stuff.

Examples:
  • By giving gay people equal rights, liberals are making being gay "cool", so more people want to put that tag on themselves to up their "cool factor".
  • The government is trying to create more homosexuals so that liberals can take over the country  They're doing this by lining kid's juice boxes with estrogen to make little boys gay.
  • Liberal support for gays is making heterosexual men who have had a bad opposite sex relationship think that, because that relationship was not successful, then they must be gay.
  • More people are trying to become gay so they can get more benefits from the federal government.
  • Poor minorities are being brainwashed into becoming gay by the white majority so that white people can control them better since gay people tend to be more submissive.
what eye thynk:   I can't explain what made me start reading that message board--I don't even know how I came across it--but once I started, I was so fascinated by the crazy ideas being exposed there that I couldn't stop.

Just when  I thought I couldn't take anymore, I remembered this quote from Stephen Colbert...

Thank you Mr. Colbert.  I feel much better now.

1 comment:

  1. In 1491 the truest truth, and biggest scary place, was the edge of the world. That oceanic horizon where a ship would fall off the edge...

    Well, by 1493 the populace had to give up that myth. It wasn't easy for the conservatives to do this, you know. After all, it had been a 'truth' for, for, well, since forever.
    The downside of their surrender of the "edge" thing was they had nothing to cry about.
    An idle mind is the devil's work shop, and being a Renaissance men they were, they sought a different kind of rebirth. Take the old 'fear' (of that edge thing) and add 'hatred to it.
    Thus was born the 'hate gays' attitude.

    ReplyDelete