Sunday, September 7, 2014

Quick Note: It's Football! Take Your Anti-Gay Agenda and Go Home!


It's the first Sunday of the 2014 NFL season!  One of my two favorite teams lost on Thursday. (Really, Green Bay, I was counting on you!)  My other favorite team, the Browns, haven't lost...yet!   So I'm still semi-happy.

However, I am entirely disgusted with other news that is interfering with my football world.  Michael Sam, who became the first openly gay player to be drafted into the NFL when the St. Louis Rams chose him as the 249th pick, was waived by the Rams on August 30.  He was picked up by Dallas and will join the Cowboy's practice squad.  I say "Good for him!"

The anti-gay group American Decency has planned a demonstration at the Cowboys' home opener to protest the addition of Mr. Sam to the Texas team.  
Really, don't these people have anything else to do except spread their own personal brand of hatred?  This is football!  If you're going to advertise your dislike for someone, at least pick someone who deserves it...like any member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, or any Steelers fan, or anyone you see wearing black and gold on Sundays. Is that too much to ask?
Addendum:  The Browns lost too.  This is just not my week.  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment