Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26 - Monday Quote

I know this quote has been done nearly to death this past week.  I had just about decided to skip using it for this morning's post when I read an article quoting Republicans who were upset over the President's ad lib during his State of the Union speech.

Representative Tom Cole (R-Oklahoma) thought the President would be better off with "maybe a little more humility and a little more outreach, a little less provocation."

Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) said the President's ad lib "doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about working with you."

Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) thought the comment was "not a recipe for working together."

They all seem to forget that, when President Obama won the presidency by large margins twice, there was no "humility" and a lot of "provocation" from their side of the aisle, and at no time in the past six years has there been any effort by congressional Republicans to work "together"--"warm," "fuzzy" or otherwise.

I would also like to remind them that, it was the Republican's childish response to "I have no campaigns left to run." that caused the President to pause and respond:

monday quote:  I know because I won both of them. (Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States, 1961-     )



Well said, Mr. President, well said.



1 comment:

  1. They (the GOP) just plain hate the man. They go to bed hating him. They wake up hating him. They spend their waking hours hating him. What a bunch of losers.

    ReplyDelete