Friday, September 21, 2012

Flip-flop Friday - Romney on Global Warming

I believe that climate change is occurring--the reduction in the size of the global ice caps is hard to ignore. I also believe that human activity is a contributing factor. --- Mitt Romney, in his book “No Apology”, published in March, 2010

Do I think the world’s getting hotter? Yeah, I don’t know that, but I think that it is…I don’t know if it’s mostly caused by humans…What I’m not willing to do is spend trillions of dollars on something I don’t know the answer to.--- Mitt Romney, at a New Hampshire rally, August 2011

what eye thynk:   This is one of Mr. Romney’s most efficient flip-flops…from: global warming exists and humans are at least partly at fault, to: nope, global warming is a maybe and the chance that humans have anything to do with it is a maybe and a half…in just over a year.

Can anyone doubt that the oil industry managed to find a dollar figure that was large enough for Mr. Romney to decide he could ignore those melting ice caps after all? I mean, he did say “hard to ignore”, not impossible. And, really, just between pals, what’s a little global warming if it means Mitt gets to sit in the boss’ chair in Washington?

After this week’s 47% “My job is not to worry about those people” fiasco, Romney has spent the last few days trying to convince us that he would represent “100%” of Americans.

I sincerely doubt that he’ll ever represent my point of view on most issues, but I do buy a lottery ticket every week, so there is hope that some day I might have enough money that I can at least put in a bid to help choose Mitt‘s opinion de jour. Of course, I’m going to have to win the lottery more than once if I am to have any chance of actually buying a Mitt opinion of my very own.  

The percentages are not in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment