Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quick Fact: Georgia G.O.P. Warns that Straight People are Going to Pretend to be Gay So They Can Get Married Too.

I read this yesterday and thought it was an April Fool's Day joke; but, nope, this G.O.P. leader is serious.

Sue Everhart, Georgia G.O.P. Chairwoman, in an interview with the Marietta Daily Journal on Saturday:  "You may be straight as an arrow, and you may have a friend that is as straight as an arrow.  Say you had a great job with the government where you had this wonderful health plan.  I mean, what would prohibit you from saying that you're gay, and y'all get married and still live as separate, but you get all the benefits?  I just see so much abuse in this it's unreal.  I believe a husband and a wife should be a man and a woman, the benefits should be for a man and a woman.  There is no way this is about equality.  To me, it's all about a free ride."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment