Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Republicans Say the Darndest Things - Rape Isn't All Bad

Maine State Representative Lawrence Lockman (R)

"If a woman has the right to an abortion, why shouldn't a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman?  At least the rapist's pursuit of sexual freedom doesn't, (in most cases), result in anyone's death."

Maine Democratic leaders called for Mr. Lockman to resign and House Republican leader Kenneth Fredette issued a statement saying, "I do not condone these or any statements that are intentionally hurtful toward others on account of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation."

Mr. Lockman later apologized, explaining "I have always been passionate about my beliefs, and years ago I said things that I regret."
I note that his apology did not make it clear whether he was apologizing for his stated beliefs or for voicing them out loud and getting caught.

1 comment:

  1. this is scary. I mean really really scary. This guy has a criminal mentality. I want to say more, anything more, just to show my anger/amazement/disrespect/and hate for his desire to inflict harm and then a life time of pain on women.
    he needs to see a shrink and tell that shrink he hates his mom.

    ReplyDelete