Friday, February 13, 2015

Budgets and Social Security, the Republican Perspective





































The Republican mind at work: 
  • Grandma is old.  
  • Grandma doesn't work and lives on Social Security. 
  • Living on Social Security makes Grandma poor. 
  • Grandma is just another lazy person who refuses to take care of herself and expects the government to support her.
  • Poor, lazy people don't vote Republican. 
Ergo: Social Security is a safe place to cut spending to balance the budget because it will have no negative repercussions on my party.

1 comment:

  1. Now, don't get my (newly) super poor self going about Social Security. I am 70 years old and cannot even get out (of social security) what paid into it.
    Let me revisit that; "can NOT even recover what I PAID into it." This being thanks to the Windfall Provision Act.
    Now then, this act. as I recall, was enacted to protect us peons from the 1%.
    After all, why would the 1%er's need social security when us 99% folk are desperate for it? Especially since The Republican controlled House Of Representatives eradicated the middle class.
    Social Security cut my retirement income by 66%. SIXTY SIX PERCENT! And, add to that, they say they over paid me over a ten month period, by just under $4K.
    In order to recover their 'loss' they are withholding (WITHOLDING!!!) that amount until they recover THEIR LOSS.
    THEIRS? How the eff did my money, ergo my loss, become their loss? As a result, my wife and I are broke. Not figuratively, but literally. All this while the fat cats keep getting fatter.
    In their defense and for the record, I doubt the Kochs will ever draw their social security. That's mighty white of them,

    ReplyDelete