Friday, June 19, 2015

Trump is Running, Palin Signals She's Ready


what eye thynk:  It took a few days for my guffawing to wind down to chuckles, but I finally have myself under control enough to write about the latest Republican joke: 

Donald Trump has announced that he is running for President of the United States.  In his announcement speech, he vowed: "I will do for America what I have done for business!" 

Considering that Mr. Trump has filed for bankruptcy four times, I'm not so sure this would be my first choice for a campaign slogan.

The Donald said his running mate of choice would be Oprah.  She isn't interested; but it appears La Palin is making herself available.

From her Facebook page: 
"Mr. Trump should know he's doing something right when the malcontents go ballistic in the press!  There is no denying Donald J. Trump's accomplishments (love those bankruptcies!) and drive to create opportunity for every willing American to succeed...Key to conservative's victory is to do our own vetting of each candidate, focus on their ability to unleash America's entrepreneurial spirit and dramatically shrink government in order to prioritize our nation's security. (Translation:  Fewer social programs, more wars!) THEN, on an even playing field, in 2016 we charge forward after the radical left hears America shout, 'You're fired!'" 
I suppose I should applaud her optimism; but Americans left, right or center are much more likely to hear "I quit!"--a phrase with which both Mr. Trump and Ms. Palin are intimately familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment