Monday, April 4, 2016

Republicans Say the Darndest Things: Oh, Blessed Irony

For this Monday Quote day, I have several...


First, God told Heidi Cruz that Ted should run (a story Rafael the elder is only too happy to retell and retell and retell:
"We were on our knees for two hours seeking God's will.  At the end of that time, a word came through his wife, Heidi...  And I'll tell you, it was as if there was a cloud of the holy spirit filling that place.  Some of us were weeping, and Ted just looked up and said, 'Lord, here am I, use me.  I surrender to you, whatever you want.'  And he felt that was a green light to move forward."

Next we witnessed an entire year of Ted on the campaign trail boasting that God speaks to him, that the country is in dire need of a spiritual revival, and that his presidency will bring God back to Washington.
"(God) speaks to me.  Literally.  In my head." 
"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this nation."

Then last Tuesday, at CNN's Presidential Town Hall, Ted said this:
"Listen, with me, as with many people in America, my faith is an integral part of who I am.  I'm a Christian and I'm not embarrassed to say that.  I'm not going to hide that and treat it like it's something you can't admit publicly and acknowledge.  It's an important part of who you are. 
But I also think that those in politics have an obligation not to wear their faith on their sleeve. There have been far too many politicians that run around behaving like they're holier than thou.  And I'll tell you, my attitude as a voter, if some politician stands up and says 'I'm running because God told me to run,' my reaction as a voter is 'Great.  When God tells me to vote for you, we'll be on the same page.'"

what eye thynk:  No words.  None.  --  Okay, one word: Hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment