Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Republicans Say the Darndest Things: Obama Could Prohibit Prosecution of Blacks

Kansas' Secretary of State
Kris Kobach (R)


Kris Kobach, Kansas' Secretary of State hosts the weekly Kris Kobach Show on KCMO Talk Radio where he takes calls from listeners.   Earlier this year, the conversation turned to minorities and crime.  

One caller said, "I don't think it's too much of a stretch, Kris, to envision an announcement that any black person accused of a crime, charged with a crime, is not going to be prosecuted, regardless of the crime... So the word is going to come down that there just won't be any prosecutions of black criminals.  And I can see it happening.  I don't think I'm nuts for envisioning it."

what eye thynk:  Okay, I've tried, but no matter how I distort my brainwaves, that still sounds nuts to me.

Instead of explaining how criminal law works, Mr. Kobach, who is an attorney, fed into his caller's bigoted delusion by replying:
"Well, it's already happened more or less in the case of civil rights laws.  So I guess it's not a huge jump, I think it's unlikely, but you know I've learned to say with this president, never say never."
Late last year, during a discussion of immigration reform, Mr. Kobach told one caller that he saw the possibility of President Obama's executive action on immigration leading to ethnic cleansing of whites.

Color me cynical, but I don't see Secretary of State Kobach as a big supporter of minorities in Kansas or the White House.  I can, however, see him as CEO of White Paranoia Is Us.

And think about this: Mr. Kobach is an attorney with the Immigration Law Reform Institute and was elected to the office of Secretary of State in 2011 by a wide margin.  

Brownback and Kobach.  God help Kansas.


No comments:

Post a Comment