Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21 - Monday Quote

Speaking in Orange County, CA at a golf club luncheon, John Kasich demonstrated the condescension we have come to expect from his party when they talk about minorities.

monday quote: 
"A lot of them do jobs that they're willing to do, and uh, that's why in the hotel you leave a little tip.  This lady wrote me in my hotel there in L.A.  She wrote this note.  It said, 'I really want you to know that I care about your stay.'  Is that just the greatest thing?...So, you know, we can learn a lot and she's Hispanic, 'cause I didn't know it at the time, but I met her in the hallway.  Asked her if I could get a little more soap."
(Ohio Gov. and Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich, 1952 -    )

First, either this man has never stayed in a hotel before, or he thinks people in Orange County are clueless when it comes to hotels; because I can't remember a time I didn't find a note in my hotel room from the staff wanting me to know how much they care about me.  

Next, he seems amazed that the employee who left him the "greatest thing" was, (gasp), a minority!  Apparently that possibility didn't cross his mind until he saw her in the hall.  And to show how much he respects the work she is "willing to do," he reminds everyone to leave "a little tip."  Which is the Republican way of saying, "You're not worth a living wage; but we'll throw you a dollar or two when we're forced to recognize your existence.

I'm sure, Hispanic hotel workers everywhere are already organizing a "Get Out the Vote" campaign in honor of John Kasich's gallantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment