Monday, December 21, 2015

Lindsey Graham Drops Out -- And Then There Were Twelve

"Senator Lindsey Graham is ending his presidential campaign, he told CNN during an exclusive interview airing Monday.

'I'm going to suspend my campaign.  I'm not going to suspend my desire to help the country,' the South Carolina senator said in a wide-ranging and candid discussion in which he acknowledged: 'I've hit a wall here.'...

...Graham's decision...comes just days after the CNN Republican Presidential Debate in Las Vegas, where he was widely viewed as dominating the undercard debate.

However, Graham was never able to break onto the main stage after announcing his candidacy in early June...He failed to even qualify for the undercard round in the Fox Business debate in November...

...He added, 'While we have run a campaign that has made a real difference, I have concluded that this is not my time.'...

...Graham--who recently urged Republicans to tell Trump to 'go to hell'--also did not rule out accepting a Cabinet position in a Trump administration in the future."

eye'm thynkin':  I don't know which is more delusional, that he thinks his no-starter campaign "made a real difference" or that he thinks Trump will be President and he'll be offered a cabinet post.   

Read more at CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment