Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Republicans Should Stop Debating Until They Have Something New to Say


what eye thynk:  The latest in what seems to be an unending parade of Republican debates was so like those that came before that you have to wonder if the candidates weren't just lip-syncing to recordings from previous performances.  Boring would be an understatement.

The love-fest between Trump and Cruz was worthy of a chuckle or two--

Trump: I've "gotten to know (Cruz) over the last three or four days.  He has a wonderful temperament."  (Sounded like he was deciding which dog to take home from the rescue society.)

Cruz: "The judgment that every voter is making of every one of us up here is who has the experience, who has the vision, who has the judgment to be commander in chief.  That is the most important decision for the voters to make." (I don't want to be accused of being back-stabbing flip-flopper, so I'll just use a minute or two to remind people that they want someone with experience (me), vision (me), and judgment (me); and hope no one notices that I never answered the question.)

For myself, one of the few stand-out moments was Trump's response to Wolf Blitzer asking how his plan to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S. would result in the defeat of ISIS.

"Our country is out of control.  People are pouring across the southern border.  I will build a wall.  It will be a great wall.

As far as in the migration...where they're going...tens of thousands of people with cell phones with ISIS flags on them...I don't think so, Wolf.  They are not coming to this country. And if I'm president...and if Obama has brought some to this country they are leaving, they're going.  They're going."

Sarah Palin couldn't have said it better herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment