Thursday, February 25, 2016

Is This a Texas Approved History Workbook Page?

Last October I wrote about the Texas State School Board approving a history textbook that identified slaves as "immigrant workers."  

In November I shared how the school board said they would be be "fixing" these types of problems, not by using outside experts to vet their books, but by handpicking their own experts, experts they deem to possess "sufficient content expertise and experience." 

Update:

I came across this photo several days ago.  The person who posted it did not identify where or when it was taken and did not respond to my question about its origin.  I cannot help but wonder if this isn't a workbook page that teachers are using with that Texas approved history text.

I am appalled all over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment