Investigators released the full, 26-and-a-half (minute) video recorded from a helicopter overhead in hopes of knocking down conspiracy theories about the Arizona rancher's death.
The video, at about the 9:20 mark, shows Finicum jump out of his SUV with his hands outstretched from his sides after crashing into a snowbank.
One officer approaches from the front with a gun drawn, and Finicum reaches with his left hand toward the right side of his body.
He lifts his arms again and then turns to see a second officer come out of a wooded area behind him.
Finicum again reaches with his right hand toward the left side of his body, and the second officer shoots him...
...Investigators say Finicum was carrying a loaded 9 mm handgun in his pocket.
eye'm thynkin': This is ugly, really ugly; but it needed to be seen to stop conspiracists from turning LaVoy Finicum into some type of government gone mad martyr.
- Finicum's pick-up clearly was stopped a mile further down the road where law enforcement gave him and his passengers plenty of time to exit the vehicle and surrender peacefully.
- It was Finicum's choice to take off again down the road.
- It was Finicum's choice to try to go around a roadblock further on down the highway.
- It was Finicum's choice to jump from his vehicle.
- It was Finicum's choice to reach for his gun.
- When he was shot, he did not have his hands in the air.
- He was not on his knees.
- He was not surrendering.
LaVoy Finicum made a bad choice and he died for it.
Read more and watch the unedited video at Raw Story