Friday, January 15, 2016

Republicans Say the Darndest Things: We Can't Afford an Anti-Gun President

Senator Marco Rubio (R-Florida)
Candidate for President of the United States


I will admit to watching very, very little of last night's Republican debate.  I just can't listen to them repeat the same, tired, old lies anymore.  I'd rather read about them the next day when I can skim over the yucky parts.

But this statement from Marco Rubio did perk me up a bit: 

"I like Chris Christie...but we cannot afford to have a president of the United States that supports gun control."
what eye thynk:  First, let me put on my grammar police hat: who supports, not that supports.  "Who" is used for humans: "that" is for everything else.

But really, look at that statement.  Considering that 93 percent of Americans now support universal background checks, is Mr. Rubio saying we can't afford a president who would listen to the American people?

He must have learned that in the How to Be a Republican Handbook, Chapter 23, Prospering in a Conservative Vacuum, sub-heading - Loving the NRA for Fun and Profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment