Monday, January 18, 2016

Quote for Monday, January 18

I try to find something meaningful for Monday Quote: but this week, I want to share something a little different.  

LaVoy Finicum is the self-appointed spokesperson for the Oregon/Bundy militia that has taken over the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.  

Recently, while he has been away from his ranch in Arizona in order to participate in the illegal occupation of the federal wildlife refuge in Oregon, several foster children were removed from his home as his wife watched.  Mr. Finicum readily admits that his ranch is a break-even business and that the $115,000/year he and his wife collect to care for foster children -is  was their main source of income--income they have now lost because Child Services doesn't leave children in the homes of lawbreakers.

Mr. Finicum wants the world to acknowledge his loss as he continues his participation in the Bundy land grab.  I, for one, do not find myself moved to tears.

monday quote:
"I hope people are seeing the sacrifices we're making here.  I want to show what my government is doing.  You need to understand the cost being paid by many people."
(LaVoy Finicum, illegal occupier of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and former Arizona foster parent.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment