Thursday, January 14, 2016

Update: About That Fence Bundy Tore Down...

On Tuesday I wrote about the Bundy Militia tearing down a section of fence around the Malheur Wildlife Refuge to facilitate grazing in the park. 

It appears that I am not the only one unhappy with this.

Update:


"Tim Puckett, the rancher whose cattle graze private rangeland adjoining the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, said he didn't give Ammon Bundy and his band of armed militants permission to enter the ranch Monday afternoon and destroy a publicly owned fence.

'I am very upset,' Puckett told The Oregonian/Oregon Live.

Tim Puckett's crew makes repairs to fence
cut by Bundy's militants.
His ranch hands have already repaired the fence.

'They're not coming onto my place no more,' he said of the militants.  'If they do, I'm gonna have to do something about it.  I don't want them going across my ground.'...

...Pucket said he 'didn't know anything about it' until late Monday night...

'I work with BLM (Bureau of Land Management), Puckett said. 'I have no problem with them'  He said government officials told him of their plans to erect the fence, which he said 'has not nor will it affect my cattle operation.'

'I am a good steward of the land.  In no way do I feel that I am entitled to the refuge for grazing.'

eye' thynkin':  Dear Mr. Bundy - Just because your daddy thinks his cattle should be allowed to graze on federal land free of charge, doesn't mean everyone else in the cattle business agrees with him. 

Contrary to what you and your family want to believe, you are not King of the Kattle Business, you are not Saviour of the Steers.  You are a small time anarchist nursing a persecution complex. You are a government scofflaw stealing from the rest of America--including other cattle ranchers.

No one in Harney County wants you there.   It's time to tuck your cheap-ass tail between your legs and scuttle back off to Nevada.

Read more at The Oregonian

No comments:

Post a Comment